Monday, September 5

Laguna Beach, MTV Suck


The Rooster has educated us very well with his statements about Laguna Beach. However, there is one thing I disagree with him on. The O.C. is not a bad television show. I happen to be a big fan of the O.C. Especially of Rachel Bilson. (right)

One of the main reasons I despise Laguna Beach is because MTV advertises it as a "reality show." I have news for you, Laguna Beach is anything but real. It is probably more scripted than the O.C. Miraculously, things happen to fall into place way too often. The "high school" drama in the show is very elementary. I just don't see how it appeals to people. A so-called reality show that is scripted. What is the point?!

And, girls, the only reason your boyfriend watches Laguna Beach is because of the girls. If that isn't the reason then I suggest you confront him about his sexuality.

MTV tried way too hard to copy the O.C. with Laguna Beach. If I were Fox, I would sue them. MTV is the biggest joke on TV these days. However, there is something interesting going on. MTV is running a new set of commercials based on old wives tales. One, for example, involves the saying that you shouldn't make a face because it could stick.

So, what's the point of the campaign? That not everything you hear is true...including the "rumor" that MTV doesn't play music.

I wonder why people get that idea. Maybe it's because you don't play music anymore. Or when you do, you have screaming teenagers doing "shout outs" during the video. Or, you only play part of the video. Or you play about, oh, 10 or so videos over and over again.

Do you civic duty and sign this petition.

But really, I swear I'm not bitter. Really.
Now, back to the Outdoor Life Network.

On Labor Day 2005, Kyle Rowland for the CBS Evening News.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home